Hello friends! Hopefully by now you’re back in the swing of things at work, you’re ready to tackle your 2019 goals and you’re bright-eyed & ready for whatever this month throws at you. I know I am! I was happy to get back to the office today, see my boss and coworkers whom I haven’t seen since before the holidays and enjoy a good lunch together. But getting back into the work routine means I am SUPER tired this evening. I looked for a quick, healthy dinner and Diane Sanfilippo’s Keto Chicken Tenders recipe hit the spot.
The book is available as of yesterday! Buy it here on Amazon, since it seems like Diane’s Instagram story is photo upon photo of empty shelves at Target. But if you can’t wait for that 2-day Prime shipping, I’ve got you. Behold, a sneak peek at the Keto Chicken Tenders recipe:
1/4 cup cooking fat of choice (I used olive oil)
1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1 TBSP Trifecta Spice Blend (I don’t have any on hand, so I swapped in Jack Stack all-purpose seasoning)
2 tsp paprika
2 large eggs
2 lbs chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 375 + heat your cooking oil in a pan on the stove. I used my cast iron skillet for the latter
- Make a breading station. Whisk your coconut, coconut flower and spices together. Whisk your eggs in a second bowl.
- Proceed to bread your chicken tenders. I cut my chicken tenders in half to make them more nugget-ish. Cover your chicken in egg, then roll in your flour mixture. Similar to prepping fried chicken!
- Cook your chicken tenders on the stove for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Bake the chicken for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165. I used my intuition on this and only cooked mine for about 12 minutes and they were perfect.